- Mon, 20 May 2013 19:00:00 +0000: Illinois: Anti Self-Defense Amendment to be Considered in Senate as Early as Tomorrow - NRA-ILA News
Today, in another attempt to further disarm the law-abiding residents in Illinois, an amendment offered by state Senator Dan Kotowski (D-28) to Senate Bill 1002, was heard by the Senate Executive Committee. Amendment 2 to SB1002 would limit the sale and transfer of all standard capacity magazines. Rather than addressing criminals engaging in gang violence, Chicago politicians want to limit the ability of law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves against those criminals.
- Mon, 20 May 2013 16:00:00 +0000: Alabama: State House Approves Critical Omnibus Firearms Bill, Goes to Governor for his Approval - NRA-ILA News
Today, the Alabama House of Representatives accepted the conference committee report for Senate Bill 286 by a 73-28 vote. This measure now goes to Governor Robert Bentley (R) for his approval. While not perfect, SB 286 is an important step in the right direction for the law-abiding gun owners in Alabama and residents of other states traveling to and through Alabama. Therefore, it is critical you contact Governor Bentley TODAY and respectfully ask him to sign Senate Bill 286 into law.
- Mon, 20 May 2013 14:03:00 +0000: Colorado: Recreational Shooting Targeted in Management Plan for Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area - NRA-ILA News
The Bureau of Land Management has released a Draft Resource Management Plan (RMP) for the 210,000-acre Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area and the Dominguez Canyon Wilderness, located in Delta, Mesa and Montrose counties of western Colorado.
- Mon, 20 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Texas: State Senate Must Act on Campus Carry Reform Bill Today or Tomorrow - NRA-ILA News
House Bill 972, an important NRA-backed self-defense bill that would repeal the criminal prohibition on the possession of firearms on college campuses by Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees (CHL), is still pending in the Texas Senate – where final action must be taken on the measure by this Wednesday.
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:00:00 +0000: South Carolina: Self-Defense Bill to be Considered this Wednesday - NRA-ILA News
This Wednesday, Senate Bill 308, restaurant carry legislation, will be considered by the General Laws Subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. As previously reported, S 308 was recently amended to ensure its passage in the South Carolina Senate on April 23. This arbitrary amendment weakened S 308 by limiting the hours a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) holder may lawfully carry a firearm for self-defense in a restaurant that serves alcohol. It also does not allow CWP holders to sit in the bar area of a restaurant, if it has one.